Josie doesn't say many words yet, but she does understand a lot, and I LOVE it. This morning, though, not only did she understand what I said, she happily agreed. It was about 7:50 and she tripped or something and let out a whine that reminded me we were close to our two hour mark. "Josie, let's go take a nap." (I say 'let's' because, yes, I take one too, of course). Then I followed a few steps behind her as she led the way, on her little mission to take a nap. She went almost (short stop at an interesting corner) directly to her crib and started grabbing at her blankets.
Oh my goodness I love this kid.
We share a mutual respect for sleep. Ahhh, sleep. Sometimes, even when she doesn't act tired at all, but its naptime or bedtime, I will kiss her head, tell her sweet dreams and set her in the crib. She crawls in and snuggles up in a way that just seems like she is saying, "Finally. Thank you."
I realize it probably won't stay like this forever, but I am savoring every moment of it that I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a sweet sweet baby! She comes from a long line of nappers and good sleepers. :)
ReplyDeleteahhh!! So sweet. Who knows, maybe she will stay like that for a while yet. :-) We love our "happy nappy's" over here. Obi giggles, rolls over and that is it. Praying your second is just a keen on sleep as Miss Josie is!
ReplyDelete