Four years ago, yesterday, we pulled our U-haul into the parking lot of an apartment complex in Irvine, CA. Crazy, huh? How fast time goes...
I love that our California Anniversary falls right after Thanksgiving. God is so faithful. And everyday I am reminded of how blessed we are. As a wife, I am immensely thankful for my husband's dream, motivation, and a job that encourages and challenges him. I realize how important that is, how worth it it is to pursue, and how rare it is. In a way, a luxury, although hard-earned. We are very very blessed.
And I am super thankful for the area we live in. We have a great church, wonderful friends, amazing weather, and a lot of fun things to do. So I guess if one has to live 4000 miles from their family, here would be the perfect spot. Its already a vacation destination. :)
A lot of the time, although we call it "home", it doesn't quite feel like it. We do miss the east coast fiercely sometimes. And you all. Mostly you all. Thank YOU, for being so supportive, for praying for us, and for traveling such a distance to see us occasionally. It means so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Aw...nice post, Kath.
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, CA does have a lot more fun things to do than Arkansas. And even if it wasn't a fun place to visit, you guys are worth the trip!