Being at my parents house gave me time to just step back and think about what was and wasn't working. I made lists of things I wanted to do. And when I got back to Cali, I was really pleased that a lot of it worked. I finally figured out a time that worked to walk my poor neglected dog. I have been using Flylady's ideas to keep my house in order. Honoring my own bedtime as much as I can and eating a lot better food. And its been wonderful.
Everyday is basically the same, just with slight variations, here is an example:
Wakeup is usually around 7am.
Diapers are changed, banana eaten or at least grabbed and everyone is loaded into the stroller.
We take about a 40 minute walk with the dog. (this is the best change, so many benefits)
We eat breakfast around 8 or 8:30, then the baby takes his first nap.
I clean up the kitchen, pack Tom's or all of our lunches, and get ready. (Tom leaves between 9:30 & 10)
When the baby gets up, we typically have something planned, so I dress the kids and we head out. (church, the park, grocery shopping, etc)
I have been doing a lot of picnic lunches at parks recently and it works great for wearing out the toddler before naptime.
Then we go home for naps at 1pm. Ahhh.
I almost always snag a 20-30 minute nap and then do things I can't with the kids awake (email, meal plan, etc). Oh, and drink an iced coffee. My midday treat. :)
Uri gets up around 3pm and we play and he snacks while I get something done in the kitchen.
Josie gets up between 3:30 and 4pm.
If she went down well for her nap, we have a tea party in the backyard and then play out there for a bit.
The baby goes back down around 5pm, I prep dinner, and Josie plays or does some sort of project.
6pm the baby is up, dinner is usually set and we hangout and play until Daddy gets home around 6:30-7pm.
Then its dinner, bath, and bedtime is 8pm.
I finish cleaning up dinner, run a load of laundry if needed (but when is it not?) and then hang out with my hubby.
Shower, chill out, bedtime is 10:30pm.
The baby still nurses around 12ish and then again at 4am (although sometimes he skips the first one).
7am we begin again :)
Hmmmm. I just realized this post is pretty long, sorry.
Here are some pics:
Jammies are perfect early morning stroller attire. Note Josie's amazing bedhead. :)
Josie and Uri, "Riding in a car." Josie even has her purse over her shoulder. 16 years from now I will have to take a similar shot. :D
We have since lowered the mattress in the crib.
Tea time!

Great pictures, Kath! And a great routine for your day.
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of the "car". Uri looks like he's having such a great time. I also love Josie's fantastic bedhead.