Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ha! I got it!

Okay, so Uri came down with a cold a couple days ago and was SUPER-over-the-top-miserable. He took 3 naps on Sunday, then slept terrible, had to be nursed around 2am, and then took a horrible nap Monday morning. But when we ran Tom to the airport and then picked up some stuff at the grocery store, he seemed much better. At lunch that day I realized that while he still had a cold, I don't think it was as bad as we thought. After months of teething, Uri's first TWO bottom teeth came through. Yay!!


And I thought for sure that I would have trouble getting a picture. They are still just barely through and he has his tongue in the way a lot....but I got it: 


Don't worry, I am firing his barber. Wow. 

In other news, last week Josie sang in her very first performance. Also another challenging photo. It was at Nurture, our mom's group at church, and all the 2 year olds and older came out and sang Joy to the World and Oh Holy Night (I think?). During the week before, the gal in charge of the kids programming sent out an email asking us to practice with our kids so they wouldn't forget what they had learned. When I sang a little of each song and asked Josie if she knew them she insisted that, no, she had no idea what those songs were. 

Okay, I took this picture WHILE they were singing. Obviously, they all knew the song as well as Josie.
And where to look. 
25 two year olds singing in a choir: WOW.


When we are not teething through drool and snot and singing in harmony for captive audiences, we have been hanging out at home. When we don't have time (or lets be honest, energy) to get down to the park, I have taken the kids out to ride Josie's trike. I also brought Uri's cart outside to wear him out for naptime too. And check out the cuteness...


He absolutely loves this activity. We have done it a couple times for at least an hour each time. :)


2 comments:

  1. Mom mentioned he got teeth, to which I replied, "Wait, he got teeth? As in he didn't have any before?" I fail.
    And oh my gosh, his hair! How cute! (in a WOW kind of way) I can't believe how big he's gotten.
    Also, I'm trying to imagine 25 2-year-olds trying to sing and all I can think is how it might compare to Band C in 4th grade and how awesome that was. And by "awesome" I mean a cacophony of unrecognizable noise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very similar to band C, only if none of them really attempted to play any of their instruments and they just sorta looked very confused.

    ReplyDelete