Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Outnumbered.

Compared to a lot of moms I know, I am spoiled. Here is why: Most nights my husband comes home before dinner, eats with us, helps get the baby to sleep, helps with either the kitchen or bathtime and then reads and tucks in Josie. I am fully aware of how blessed I am. My husband is wonderful. 


He also works a lot. And tonight was a "crunch night" which means Daddy works late. But, it gave me a sort-of practice run for Friday, when he is holding a meeting at our house. At 7pm, which is like the hardest hour of my life. Here is what I learned tonight:


1. Start a little earlier, but not so early that no one wants to sleep.
2. No one is allowed to cry, especially over stupid stuff  or something I can't easily figure out and fix. Basically, no crying.
3. Buy ice cream to reward myself with for surviving. 


Things to keep in mind: 
1. The baby is still very fussy in the evenings. 
2. Josie likes the first above paragraph a lot better than the second. Bedtime without Daddy is no fun. (at one point she was crying on the floor "Open the [front] door!" where of course, daddy comes from this time of day).


Did I tell you? She and her Daddy also walk to the street and back every evening to get the mail. It is a ritual, they talk about everything they see. 


Told you he was awesome.




(yeah, I realize this one is kinda old...)



2 comments:

  1. Yes he is awesome! You have a great family there Kath. Thanks for another little peak into it.
    Super looking forward to seeing the four of you Next Month!
    Love,
    Dadddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how they have their mailbox conversations. Wouldn't you like to hear what they talk about? How sweet and special.

    ReplyDelete