Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Psalm

I read this again to Josie tonight before bed. Its a paraphrase of Psalm 23 from The Jesus Storybook Bible. Just thought I'd share. It is meant to be read aloud.


God is my Shepherd
And I am his little lamb.

He feeds me
He guides me
He looks after me. 
I have everything I need.

Inside, my heart is very quiet.
As quiet as lying still in soft green grass.
In a meadow
By a little stream.

Even when I walk through 
the dark, scary, lonely places
I won't be afraid
Because my Shepherd knows where I am.

He is here with me
He keeps me safe
He rescues me

He makes me strong
And brave.

He is getting wonderful things ready for me
Especially for me
Everything I ever dreamed of!

He fills my heart so full of happiness 
I can't hold it all inside.

Wherever I go I know
God's Never Stopping
Never Giving Up
Unbreaking 
Always and Forever 
Love 
Will go, too!

4 comments:

  1. Aww! Thanks for that. Sometimes us grown-ups need to be reminded of the simple fact that God loves us and takes care of us every moment of every day. Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. The first (okay, and second) time I read it to her I cried. I love how this bible is written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am with you kath. we have that for asher (and have been thinking of sending it to you, actually. i guess we will need to think of something else :) ) and almost every time i read it, no matter what the story is, i cry. actual tears down the cheeks cry. i remember loving this one. you are such an incredible mom, kath. i was going to call you last week and tell you that. even though our talks tend to be few, i am so glad to call you friend and to learn from you. hang in there, lady. the older they get, the easier it gets (well, in some ways ;) ).

    love you.
    abbe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Abbe. You are an incredible mama yourself. Love you.

    ReplyDelete